[IDV #QLH-693860]: questions on radar data and IDV

Hi Wilfredo-

> Hi, my name is Wilfredo Pozas, I have a non WSR-88D weather radar and
> ORPG (Open Radar Product Generator) to build level III files, now my
> questions are:
>
> 1. Can I ingest local level III data (native format) on IDV or must I
> use a decoder?, if decoder is needed could you please write something in
> order to configure the system, for example:
>
> ORPG -> LDM -> IDV (or something like...)

Depending on the Level III product, you should be able to read
it directly into the IDV.  I would suggest using version 2.4 or
later so you make sure you have the latest updates.  For the
Level III files, we read the raster and radial products.

> 2. Where can I find information in order to configure something like
> that?

If the ORPG software outputs Level III products, then you can just
save them on disk and read them into the IDV through the file chooser.

> 3. Is possible configure a server as "adde.ucar.edu" to serve level II
> and III data from my radar?, if yes where can I find information about?

adde.ucar.edu is an ADDE server for the Level III data.  You could
download the OpenADDE code from

http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/mcidas/software/openadde/

For Level II data, we are in the process of developing an experimental
interface through the Unidata THREDDS Data Server (TDS), but this
has not been released yet.  There is no ADDE interface for Level II
data at this point.

> 4.Can I configure IDV to use a proxy?

This is not in the documentation, but here is a link to a previous
question on this:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/idv/msg00493.html

> waiting your answers....(if you think it is not too much)
>
> Wilfredo.... (sorry about my English)

your English is fine.  Much better than my Spanish. ;-)

Don Murray

Ticket ID: QLH-693860
Department: Support IDV