[IDV #WTK-240610]: IDV Downloads Flow Vectors twice when plotting Wind Barbs and Streamlines

Hi Jacob-

Happy New Year!

> Full Name: Jacob
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 2.5a1 build date:2008-01-04 08:05 UTC
> Operating System: Linux
> Hardware: Java: home: /root/IDV_2.5a1/jre version: 1.5.0_11 j3d:1.3.1
> Description of problem: When I choose to display flow vectors in the form of
> wind barbs and streamlines
> at the same atmospheric level in the IDV and overlay them in the same display,
> oftentimes the program will download the flow vectors for the wind barbs
> first,
> but then redownloads the flow vectors for the same level to display the
> streamlines.
> This does not occur every time; however, it does occur often.  This happens
> with both the GFS, NAM, and RUC models at various resolutions.

What is the memory status when the re-download occurs.  When the
memory gets close to the limit, we remove the cached data and then
the data would have to be downloaded again.

Also, have you set any of the cache parameters in the Formats & Data
section of the User Preferences?

I've seen this sometimes, but can't reproduce it right now.

Thanks.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: WTK-240610
Department: Support IDV