[IDV #ZDE-702115]: IDV 2.4 Vista Install Problem

Hi Mark-

> Everything appears to install correctly.  When I try running the IDV 2.4,
> though, the black DOS-like window appears, then the small IDV window briefly
> pops up.  An error message appears to flash on the DOS-like window, and IDV
> 2.4 stops.  I can't see the error message because it disappears so quickly!

Please try the following:

- Open the runIDV.bat script in a text editor. The file is in
the directory where you installed it.  At the following line
at the end:

pause

and save the file.  This should keep the DOS-like window from
closing after the error.  Then start the IDV and see what error
is shown in the window and send that along.

> I also have not knowingly changed the runIDV.bat script.

Okay.  Some people change the script to increase the memory and
sometimes that causes problems if you increase it too much.

> It's just so strange.  Everything seems to be working fine after I removed
> IDV 2.4 (using the uninstall program option in the Windows control panel) and
> re-installed IDV 2.3.
>
> If other users haven't run into this problem, then it's most likely related
> to something specific on my end!

You're the first to report this problem.  Let's see what the
error message says.

Don

Ticket ID: ZDE-702115
Department: Support IDV