[IDV #SWA-509881]: MSG bands 13/14

> Morning Tom (I think ?),

Hi Peter, it's Don.

> In the Data Chooser tag of the IDV, for Images, when I connect to Server
> adde.eumetsat.int
> and select Image Data Type M9, does this send an IMGLIST command to the
> EUMETSAT ADDE server ?

It sends an ADDE ADIR request (which is what the McIDAS IMGLIST command
sends).  The actual request is:

EUM_AD M9 0  TRACE=0 BAND=ALL X AUX=YES VERSION=1

For any ADDE image server there are generally two types of servers -
an adir (directory) and aget (data) server.  For example, there
is an msgadir.for and msgaget.for in the core McIDAS distribution.
Depending on the type of request (directory or data) one or the
other gets called.  In this case, the adir server needs to fabricate
AREA directories for bands 13 and 14.

> The reason I ask is at this point, the Channel drop down menu becomes active
> and shows the channels
> available for this Group/Descriptor, and this is where HP cannot select the
> virtual channels 13 and 14.

Right.  The return from the ADIR request only lists bands that the
server returns.  Currently, it just returns bands 1-11.  We then
use the returned list to populate the widgets.

> If a command is sent, can you tell me which one it is and how I can insert
> the virtual channel information
> into the Mcidas structure returned by the server to the IDV.

Somewhere in the ADIR server, it generates a list of the available
bands.  It just needs to add in 13 and 14.  Once that happens
an IMGLIST in McIDAS should also show that bands 13 and 14 are
available.

Ticket ID: SWA-509881
Department: Support IDV