[IDV #VUB-624481]: background image

Patrick,

> Description of problem: Hi,
> I would like to use my own "blue marble" (an image 2400x1200 on my
> local disk) ?
> Note that I use Globe View.
>
> When I read the image, I get an Omni Display not connected to
> my Globe View
> Any help on this topic ?

The IDV will read in an image but all it can show it in is the Omni display
because
there is no geo-location information. You can provide that information in one
of two ways. The first is to use a geolocate-an-image formula described here:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/workshop/datadisplays/misc/GeoLocatedImage.html

The other way is to create a little xml file (.ximg) that defines the
geolocation of the image:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/data/ImageXml.html

You can also create a google earth kml/kmz file with a groundoverlay and read
that into the IDV as well.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: VUB-624481
Department: Support IDV