[IDV #QMS-911299]: failure on launching IDV

Hello-

I apologize for the delay in responding.  Are you running
the IDV from the console, or are you logging in from
another computer?

I googled around on the error message and others have
run into this problem with applications other than the IDV.
In your X configuration file, is the direct rendering interface
(DRI) being loaded?   See the IDV  FAQ on this issue at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/Faq.html#dri

if so, comment out the loading, restart your X server and try
again.

Don Murray

> Full Name: Petros Katsafados
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 2.3
> Operating System: Scientific Linux 5.0 x86_64
> Hardware: Intel Dual Core 2Gb RAM, i810 graphics driver
> Description of problem: The error message is:
>
> [root@meteo IDV_2.3]# ./runIDV
> libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x5a
> #
> # An unexpected error has been detected by HotSpot Virtual Machine:
> #
> #  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x4f7e9577, pid=10324, tid=2760387472
> #
> # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (1.5.0_11-b03 mixed mode)
> # Problematic frame:
> # C  [libc.so.6+0x6d577]  memset+0x37
> #
> # An error report file with more information is saved as hs_err_pid10324.log
> #
> # If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
> #   http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
> #
> ./runIDV: line 25: 10324 Aborted                 ./jre/bin/${command}

Ticket ID: QMS-911299
Department: Support IDV