[IDV #ZZG-614578]: McIDAS AREA Display Problems

Hi Steve-

> Full Name: Steve Wanzong
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 2.3
> Operating System: OS X Version 10.4.11
> Hardware: 2.33 Intel Core 2 Duo; 2GB Ram
> Description of problem: Attached is a simulated GOES-R ABI McIDAS AREA file.
> This displays correctly in McIDAS 2007A as there is an ABI cal/nav module in
> the source repository.
>
> When I try to display the image, the IDV responds with "domain must be only
> spatial"  Is this a result of the IDV not understanding the nav/cal blocks in
> the AREA file?

Yes, we don't have the ABIS nav module in Java.  It looks like a
pretty simple nav model, so it will probably port pretty easily.
I hoped to say I have it working, but I must have typed something
wrong because I get nothing displayed.

I'm cc'ing Tom W on this so he knows I'm working on the nav
module and doesn't try to implement it himself. ;-)

> Thanks in advance.  There is an open req #741396 with the same IDV output.

Is that a McIDAS ticket number?

Don Murray

Ticket ID: ZZG-614578
Department: Support IDV