[IDV #KDD-358203]: Range with exponent

Hi Patrick-

> Full Name: Patrick Brockmann
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 2.4b3 build date:2007-11-20 08:05 UTC
> Operating System: Linux
> Hardware: Java: home: /home/brock/IDV_2.4b3/jre version: 1.5.0_11 j3d:1.3.1
> Description of problem: How to apply ponctually a scale factor or an offset
> to a loaded field ?
> I have also tried to create a formula without success.

You could create a Jython procedure like:

def scaleAndOffset(field, sc, off):
    offset = float(off)
    scale = float(sc)
    return scale*field + offset

and then create a formula:

scaleAndOffset(field, scale[isuser=true,default=1],
offset[isuser=true,default=0])

which will prompt you for the scale and offset values.

However, you might get what you want by changing the units as I described
earlier.

b[isuers=true] + c*a[isuser=true]

where you will be prompted for b and a as numbers
> And last, is there a training session planned at Unidata Center ?

Our next planned session is for Summer 2009, but that may slip to
fall because there is a political convention in Denver then and hotels
are all booked.

Ticket ID: KDD-358203
Department: Support IDV