[IDV #WZD-317507]: still stuck with ageostrophic winds

Hi HP-

Sorry for the delay in responding.

> Full Name: HansPeter Roesli
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 2.4b3 build date:@DATE@
> Operating System: Linux
> Hardware: Java: home: /home/user/IDV_2.4b3/jre version: 1.5.0_11 j3d:1.3.1
> Description of problem: Hi Don
>
> I am still stuck with the ageostrophc winds.I (hope to) have followed your
> recipe step by sstep,
> but get the following error: I attache the grib file used.

I could have sworn I tested the last solution I sent you, but
I get the same error.  I'll have to dig deeper into a solution,
but for now, define the following Jython procedure:

def ageo(obs,z):
   hgt = z/DerivedGridFactory.GRAVITY
   g = geo(hgt)
   return obs-g

and you can either create a formula or use the Define a Grid Diagnostic
and use:

ageo(obs,z)

selecting wind vectors for obs and Geopotential for z.

BTW, do you like having the Derived functions at the top of the
list now?

Don
> An error has occurred:
> Creating display: Wind Barb Plan View
> org.python.core.PyException

> Stack trace:
> Traceback (innermost last):
> File "<string>", line 1, in ?
> File "<string>", line 15, in idveval
> File "<string>", line 1, in ?
> AttributeError: 'javainstance' object has no attribute '__call__'

Ticket ID: WZD-317507
Department: Support IDV