[IDV #MOH-422117]: IDV - Location of grib.jar file

Hi Chris-

> Institution: Plymouth State University
> Package Version: IDV 2.2
> Operating System: WINDOWS XP
> Hardware Information: Dell Penti 4 w/ 1GB RAM
> Inquiry: Unidata Support,
>
> I am attempting to modify the grib.jar file for customize NARR-A grib files
> that have been converted from grid files to grib using GEMPAK. The
> documentation that I have found says that if I modify this file I will be all
> set.  I however cannot seem to find the location of the grib.jar file. Would
> you be able to point me in the direction of its path? Thanks.

What documentation are you looking at?

The contents of grib.jar are in nc2.2.jar in the IDV install directory.
If you need to update a table, you can follow the instructions at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/IDV/docs/userguide/data/GribTables.html

instead of modifying the JAR file.  Any new release will overwrite your
changes in that case.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: MOH-422117
Department: Support IDV