[IDV #TRF-422609]: IDV - so many grib files...

Alan-

> I don't see aggregate grib files as an option.

That was added in version 2.2, I think.

> Is it time for me to upgrade my IDV?

Since the current version is 2.3, I'd say yes.  Best to keep
around the old version in case we broke something we don't
know about.  If  we did (i.e. old bundles don't work right),
let us know.  We go  to great lengths to be backward compatible.

Don

> >>Institution: COMET
> >>Package Version: 2.0
> >>Operating System: os.name:Windows XP; os.arch:x86; os.version:5.1;
> >>Hardware Information: java.vendor:Sun Microsystems Inc.;
> >>java.version:1.5.0_06; java.home:C:\\Program Files\\IDV_2.0\\jre;
> >>j3d.version:1.3.2 fcs (build12); j3d.vendor:Sun Microsystems, Inc.;
> >>j3d.renderer:OpenGL;
> >>Inquiry: Hi guys,
> >>I recently grabbed grib files for a COAMPS run from the navy's
> >>Master Environmental Library (a great resource if you're not aware of it).
> >>The problem is that for a single run, there are some 500 files
> >>(a different file for each parameter at each level at each time step).
> >>After I download the files from their ftp server, is there a convenient way
> >>for IDV to make
> >>sense of this? I haven't found this data on an opendap server.
> >

> > If it's all one run, you could try one of two things:
> >
> > - cat all the files into one file
> > - put all the files in one directory and use the File Chooser to select
> > all the files (Ctrl-A) and  select the Aggregate Grib Files as the
> > Data Source Type.
> >
> > I know the first one will work.  The second one may be a bit dicey.
> >
> > Don
> >
> > Ticket Details
> > ===================
> > Ticket ID: TRF-422609