[IDV #HRS-452983]: IDV - IDV - ISL save image problem

Chris-

This is Don.

> So I think we finally figured out. While running IDV 2.3 on Windows Vista OS
> the only file types to save an image are .png and .jpg.  In the past I have
> been saving all of my images as .gif and that is what I was trying to do this
> time around. I have tried running it on multiple machines and the .gif
> extension just does not work. I will be able to use the .png extension and
> that will work for the purposes of my reseach. Thanks for your help and time.

So, when you were running the previous versions of IDV, were you running on
Windows Vista or XP?  The Vista compatible version that we supply was for
2.3 and uses Java 6 and apparently that doesn't support the GIF stuff
the way previous versions did.  I can replicate this on my XP box when
I use Java 6.  We'll look into it a bit more to see what's happening.

Don

Ticket ID: HRS-452983
Department: Support IDV