[IDV #QVD-529091]: IDV - Error in Auto-Projections of Satellite Bundles

Hi Jacob-

> Hey, thanks for the reply.  It's ok, it did not take long to modify the
> bundles and the newest nightly build
> works great with the projections of the modified bundles I just created.  I
> did see what you were explaining in the Terminal Window.

Glad to hear it's working again.

> I wanted to also ask you a couple quick questions.  In regards to the
> change to the display option, "Image Display",

If you want the old functionality where it loads the first image of
the time sequence and then downloads the rest, use the Image Sequence Display.
I just reversed the names.

> I see where there are a couple of options added to this called "Visible
> Range" and "Shade Colors", what do these options
> generate?  I tried to see what they would do when I enabled them, but I
> did'nt see anything happen.

Shade colors should make more of a smooth image rather than showing each
pixel.  It may be that for the satellite imagery, the overhead would be
to great, so the shading doesn't happen.

The set visible range  allows you to only show certain values within the image.

By default the satellite displays have a range of 0 to 255.  If you click on the
Change button and set the Visible Range to be 125 to 255, you will
remove any values less than 125.

In the (hopefully) not too distant future, I'd like to merge the functionality
of these two different displays together.

> Also in regards to Level-2 Radar, I am still having trouble with
> Remote/Experimental by TDS and the IDV hangs when downloading the radar
> data, like it used to with other data.
> I tried loading in Level-2 data from my file system which I had downloaded
> and the IDV loads it very quickly and
> successfully displays the data from the file system with no trouble.  Could
> the problem be something to do with a certian function on
> my computer which may not be set correctly?  It seems as though the IDV
> stops downloading once it reaches a particular string of data.

We're having problems reproducing this here.  I've had another user
on Linux with the same sporadic problem, but since we can't reliably
recreate it here it's tough to figure out what's going on.  It's something
specific to Linux since you don't have problems on Windows.  But it's not
all Linux boxes.  I haven't given up on this and am still trying to
figure out the best way to track down what's happening.  Thanks for your
patience.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: QVD-529091
Department: Support IDV