[IDV #QVD-529091]: IDV - Error in Auto-Projections of Satellite Bundles

Hi Jacob-

> Institution: HOME
> Package Version: 2.3a1 build date:2007-07-19 07:01 UTC
> Operating System: Linux
> Hardware Information: Java: home: /root/IDV_2.3a1v12/jre version: 1.5.0_11
> j3d:1.3.1
> Inquiry: There is an error in the auto-projections of satellite bundles that
> have been created or modified in the most recent nightly builds of
> the IDV.  In previous builds of the program, I created satellite bundles and
> configured
> the projections for each so that when I opened the bundles, the IDV would
> center
> the map for the region which the bundle covered.  The bundles which have
> not been modified or created before I installed the most recent nightly builds
> will project and center on the map with no problem.
> However, the bundles which have been created or modified using
> the recent latest builds do not project correctly.  When I get this error in
> the projection,
> the IDV will sometimes center the map in the wrong location as opposed to
> centering it on the region for which the bundles cover and also will
> sometimes make
> the display stretch either horizontally or vertically so that the display
> does not
> fit the main window.
> I noticed yesterday that when I go to "Preferences" under Edit, the
> box was not checked beside the option, "Reset Projection With New Data",
> so I checked the box and clicked "Apply", but the IDV
> unchecked the box as soon as I closed the window.  I just opened the IDV
> and as soon as I opened the program, I went to the properties window and
> saw the Auto-Project tab was checked, but when I opened a satellite bundle,
> the same projection error occured and after it occured, I checked the
> properties window again and the box unchecked itself when I opened the bundle.
> I have attached a saved satellite bundle which I modified in one of the
> most recent nightly builds to this email as an example.
> Thank you for your time and help, God Bless.

Ah, life on the bleeding edge.  Sorry about this.  I believe I fixed the
problem on Friday so any bundles made with the current nightly build should
project correctly.  When you have the problem, do you see an error message
in the terminal window that says it couldn't find the constructor for
AREACoordinateSystem with a bunch of XML listed afterwards?

Try using the current version to make bundles.  Unfortunately, the ones that
aren't working with the bad builds will still not work with the latest build.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: QVD-529091
Department: Support IDV