[IDV #MFF-186404]: Drawing single states, counties, or zones

Hi Becky-

> Is it possible to plot just one state or county or zone with the maps
> provided with the IDV?  I know I could import a shape file with just the
> area I'm interested in, but I'm wondering if IDV has a way of dissecting
> these maps on its own.  I asked Tom Whittaker, but he couldn't think
> of a way to do this.

No way at present.

> In McIDAS, you can say MAP STATE=IL and it plots just a map of Illinois on
> the currently navigated frame.

The McIDAS MAP command uses a different set of files than the OUTL*
files when you use the STATE, MARINE, ZONE or COUNTY keywords.  Currently,
there is no support for these McIDAS  .MAP files.  Maybe a task for Mc-V?
Is there any documentation on these files?

Don

Ticket ID: MFF-186404
Department: Support IDV