[IDV #CVX-751058]: GFS K and L subdomain issue

Hi Dave-

> Jeff W. asks that I submit access information to some GFS K and L
> subdomain (or tile) files, so you have some to play with to replicate some
> bugs in IDV v2.3a1 that I encountered while working with them.
>
> Here is a pair:
>

> http://funnel.sfsu.edu:16080/cases/070504_GreensburgKA_trndo/GRIB/07050400_gfsK.grb
>
> and
>
> .../07050400_gfsL.grb
>
> (There K and L subdomain files for several other times in the same
> directory.)
>
> Jeff also said that this is all I need to say about the IDV issues that I
> encountered using these files--he's got notes on the problems.

Here are Jeff's notes:

Create a color shaded plan view of a field from K. Create a display from a field
in L. Set the display projection to the L display. The K display disappears.
If the K display is a contour plan view then the contour lines are screwed up.

If you have Use Fast Rendering turned on, you will either get a disappearing
display or screwed up contours.  Turning Fast Rendering off and using a
projection
that covers both tiles seems to display the data correctly.

Instead of using the old GFS Grib1 tiles, can you use the global Grib2
data and spatially subset over the area in question?

Don

Ticket ID: CVX-751058
Department: Support IDV