[IDV #OEK-240250]: IDV - starting app.

> top of window popup states
>
> c:\program files\idv_2.2\runidv.bat
>
> in the main window it states
>
> another program is currently using this file
>

> that is all the message i get
>
> the icon that installed on my desktop is a ms-dos app icon that has the name
> of the app below it
> like i have stated i have tried everything i know of unless i have missed
> something in the install  the file i downloaded was idv 2.2 windows installer
> which i understood had all files in it and was set to run under windows xp
>
> all other files and apps still run fine on system with no blue screens of
> crashes or error problems

James,
Why don't you try copying the runIDV.bat file to something like test.bat and
try running
test.bat

Also - perhaps you have a virus. See some of the search results:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22another+program+is+currently+using+this+file%22+&btnG=Search

-Jeff

Ticket ID: OEK-240250
Department: Support IDV