[IDV #EPX-595048]: IDV - reuse of data

Hi Donna-

> Institution: University of Kansas
> Package Version: 2.1
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Hardware Information: Laptop, 2 GB memory
> Inquiry: I am plotting model output on transects.  I am plotting wind speed
> and overlaying the wind barbs.  I am using data downloaded from the Internet.
>  If I plot the wind speed first, the data download and plot.  Then if I ask
> for wind barbs IDV downloads the data again.  Presumably, the wind speed and
> the wind barbs are using the same data.  Is it possible to get IDV to
> recognize this so double downloads of the same data don't need to occur?

I agree that it should reuse the data that has been downloading if you
have caching turned on.  Can you check to make sure you have caching turned
on?  Bring up the User Preferences dialog through the Edit->Preferences
menu.  In the Formats&Data tab, make sure that Cache Data in Memory is
checked.  If not, check it and click OK.

If caching was enabled, then:

Are you subsetting the grid at all (e.g. spatially or by levels?)

I noticed that if I subset the grid spatially, then it goes back to the
server which it shouldn't do.  I'll look into that.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: EPX-595048
Department: Support IDV