[IDV #HPN-999467]: IDV - importing symbols

> For some reason, my version of IDV does not appreciate this series of
> commands... it freezes the program pretty much everytime.  Occasionally, it
> will work once.

When the IDV freezes up can you do a Control-Break in the terminal window where
the IDV is running.
This will dump out a stack trace that you can send to us.

>Is there an easier way to do a track, with the drawing tool perhaps, where I
>could input latitude and longitude values and it plots it for me?
About the only thing you can do is place one symbol with the drawing tool.
Then, from its File->Export Drawing  menu write out the shapes as an xgrf file.
You could
then make copies of the image entries, changing the lat/lons which are defined
with
the points="..." attribute.

> Is there a way to force displays into a time series?  While working with the
> Katrina radar, each radar scan has to be loaded separately and they just
> stack on top of each other in the IDV display.  Is there a way to make each
> scan appear only at its time and then disappear, to make it look like a radar
> loop?

From the File Chooser select a number of files using control-click or
shift-click. This will load
the files as one data source which you can then create a multi-timestep display
from.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: HPN-999467
Department: Support IDV