[IDV #ZPC-269421]: IDV - Artifact at zero degrees longitude when using transparency

Hi Rick-

> > We ran into something similar during our training workshop where spurious
> > single white lines would show up in the Time-Height displays, but only on
> > some machines.  This was on Linux though.  You might try turning
> > Fast Rendering back on and see if just resizing the window makes a
> > difference.
>
> My brain must not be working this morning or I'm not understanding what
> you are saying.  Here's my results (let me know if you want me to try
> another combination):
>
> Fast Rendering On - works after resizing window
> Fast Rendering Off - never works - even after resizing window.

Go with Fast Rendering on.  The line appears to be a side effect
of the handling of projection seams.

In general, if you are displaying data
in its native format, you should set your preference to use
Fast Rendering.  This ignores projection seams and saves on
time and memory consumption.  See the section in the User's
Guide on Performance Tuning for more tips.

Don

Ticket ID: ZPC-269421
Department: Support IDV