[Support #BOZ-852808]: Re: tiegcm and timegcm .nc files

Hi Ben-

> > Of the nc files in http://download.ucar.edu/pub/foster/murray,
> > IDV reads FOSTER.tiegcmdr10.peqd010.nc and FOSTER.tiegcmdr10.seqd001.nc
> > (the time units in FOSTER.timegcm1.2.py2j001.nc are wrong, so
> > it does not read this one).  But when I add the former 2 files
> > as data sources, and create displays, I see no data in the display,
> > only the background maps. Could you please play with one of these
> > files and let me know how to view contour slices or volume rendering?
> > Thanks,

The issue is that the range of the  data is beyond the default range
of 0 to 16 km, so it is  being displayed above the clipping plane.
Use the Vertical Scale icon (little comb) on the navigation toolbar or the
View->Viewpoint->Vertical Scale menu to change the vertical scale
to be 80 to 210 km.

You'll also need to set your preference to use the Vis5D pressure to
altitude transform.  You can set this from the main menu under
the Edit->Preferences menu under the Formats & Data menu.  The
standard atmosphere doesn't have values up as high as your data.

Don

Ticket ID: BOZ-852808
Department: Support IDV