[IDV #QNF-333667]: IDV - ADDE imageSeq from polar-orbiters and triangulations between sat-sun-terrain (i.e. SZA, SAA, VZA, and VAA)

Hi Tyn-

> Institution: ITC
> Package Version: 2.2b2 build date:2007-03-12 07:04 UTC
> Operating System: Windows 2003
> Hardware Information: Java: home: C:\\Program Files\\Java\\jre1.6.0 version:
> 1.6.0-rc j3d:1.3.2 fcs (build12)
> Inquiry: Hi Jeff/Don/Tom,
>
> Another issue: I have some NOAA/AVHHR data over Mashonaland-West, Zimbabwe
> and noticed that McIDAS can serve the orbital information as TEXT. Correct?

What McIDAS command do you use to the the navigation as TEXT?  We have
not implemented the ADDE NAV stuff yet in Java.

i would like to be able to calculate several triangulations between
satellite-sun-terrain (i.e. SZA, SAA, VZA, and VAA) for each swath/pixel to do
atmospheric correction for CH 1-3. Now, i think i can organize some routines
that can be implemented at client-side (read: java-jython-IDV). To start
simple, can i access the orbital information or metadata (which may publish an
average "viewing azimuth angle" for the whole swath) directly from the
timeSequence in jython? Or do i need a TLE ADDE text server for that? Tom has
an experimental ADDE server of NOAA data,
> or otherwise i can send you a copy using the new "Make Data Source Local"...
> see ftp://ftp.itc.nl/pub/venus/NOAA_AVHRR_Zimbabwe.zidv
>
> Btw, i have implemented this already for geo-stationairy satellites (MSG,
> FY-2C, etc.) but this is relatively easy as the nadir position / heigth is
> more or less constant...
>
> Cheers, Tyn
>
> see: ftp://ftp.itc.nl/pub/venus/NOAA_AVHRR_Zimbabwe.zidv (114 mb)

these zidv files are getting pretty big! ;-)

Don

Ticket ID: QNF-333667
Department: Support IDV