[IDV #QBD-872656]: IDV - idv questions

Hi John-

> I'm a little unsure if there is a problem or my misperception about the
> cappi radar product.
>
> Note the area of the radar image viewed from top for the 5000 m and 1000
> m region. The radar gets data back from only the area roughly of the
> 1000 m surface. But when I cycle through the levels, the view (from top)
> expands laterally far beyond that of the actual radar. Any ideas? Do I
> need to scale something as the altitude changes?

We revamped the CAPPI display in the 2.2b1 version available at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/release/stable

We still need to do some work on speed when reading the different levels,
but if you could test out what we have so far, that would be great.

Don

Ticket ID: QBD-872656
Department: Support IDV