[Support #APU-620047]: Re: Upper Level color fill

Hi Bob-

> I got it figured out thanks.
>
> The only other issue I`m having, again related to upper level colour fills
> contours. Whenever I try and plot a colour fill at the upper levels, for
> example 850hpa, it plots some ragged contours but no colour fill
>
> Here`s an example
> http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/bazwxman/contour_mess.png

That's quite a mess!

> It doesn`t seem to matter what model or from what source, they all turn out
> the same!

I'm unable to recreate that jagged problem here, however, I'm also unable to
display
color filled contours in the 2D display.  So, if you want color filled contours,
you'll need to use a 3D display until we can get that fixed.

As for the jagged lines, the only thing I can think of is to make sure you have
the latest video driver for your graphics card.

Don Murray

> On 2/13/07, Bob Grieves <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Don,
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > All I`m simply looking to achieve is a color fill of the geopotential
> > heights for example at 500hpa, exactly the same as they use at Unisys, COD
> > etc etc http://weather.unisys.com/ecmwf/ecmwf_500p_3d.html
> >
> > I`m not sure whether I went about that the right way or not.
> >
> > To achieve this would I:
> >
> > Download grib data for example, NAM conus 80km. Select 3D grid, choose my
> > parameter which would be geopotential height. Then select the level and
> > time, then plan views/colour fill contour, then simply create display?
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Bob.
> >

> > On 2/13/07, Don Murray <address@hidden> wrote:
> > >
> > > One more note.  If you don't really care about it being
> > > a 3D application, you can also use the Edit->Preferences
> > > menu, select the Main Display tab, uncheck the "Use 3D if Possible"
> > > option, apply the preferences and then use the New->Display \menu to
> > > open a new Map Display. That will not be 3D and any upper level
> > > plot you put in there will have the map on top.
> > >
> > > Of course, that defeats the purpose of having a 3D application
> > > to look at the atmosphere in new ways. ;-)
> > >
> > > Don

> > > coasts

> > > ===============================================================================
> > > >

> > > --
> > > *************************************************************
> > > Don Murray                               UCAR Unidata Program
> > > address@hidden                        P.O. Box 3000
> > > (303) 497-8628                              Boulder, CO 80307
> > > http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm
> > >

> > --
> > Bob Grieves
>

> --