[IDV #QWN-727613]: IDV - Query

Hi Robert,

> I`ve been on a long search for a package that can do the following.
>
> Something that can download, ingest and display numerical model data into a
> chart suitable for the www. I`ve tried working with GrADS and Gempak but find
> it extremely complicated, however I`ve had much more success with IDV. Plus
> the fact, I`m no linux guru, so IDV being windows friendly is a bonus!

Good to hear that.

> I`ve toyed with IDV for a few hours, but I haven`t really got into it yet.
>
> Does it have any level of automation, where it can run batch job or scripts,
> so I can upload imager to the www? Also, any features where I can create a
> custom legend, add a logo etc?

The IDV does indeed have a scripting capability through the ISL (Idv Scripting
Language).
The documentation is at:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/isl/index.html
We are in the middle of revamping our examples section (so the following link
will go away soon) but you can look at some generated imagery here:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/examples/examples.html
and here:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/examples/radar/index.html

-Jeff