[IDV #SII-492455]: IDV - ECMWF model levels -> pressure levels

Hi HP-

> So, you tell me that the retrieval at model levels is coded in GRIB1 and
> not 2? I find it hard to believe that! The ordering procedure is exactly
> the same for pressure and model levels including grid type, and nowhere
> is there a note on a deviation from GRIB 2. Please confirm that you see
> really GRIB1, then I will ask the ECMWF people.

Yes, I can confirm that these are GRIB 1 files.  An octal dump (od -c)
of the file you sent shows:

0000000   G   R   I   B  \0 020   n 001  \0  \0   4 200   b 200 377 200

where the 001 is version 1 of grib.  I've also received a similar
question about these files from another user.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: SII-492455
Department: Support IDV