[IDV #ONI-781994]: IDV - flipped-over conotur lables in globe projection

Greetings HP-

> Institution: EUMETSAT
> Package Version: 2.1RC3
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Hardware Information: Java: home: C:\\Program Files\\IDV_2.1RC3\\jre version:
> 1.5.0_06 j3d:1.3.2 fcs (build12)
> Inquiry: Hi
>
> When contouring a total ozone field (ECMWF analysis) on the globe display
> most of the
> labels appear flipped over left-right. Only a few (see most prominent one
> close to
> Somalia-Sudan) appear in a correct manner. I have looked up discussion on
> labelling
> and the release notes but could not see traces of such a problem. What do you
> make of it?
> Beside the bundle find attached also the field in world projection (where
> labelling is fine)
> and on the globe.

Labels on the globe are problematic and we don't have a good solution
for this at  yet.  I'll mention it to SSEC to see if they have
any ideas.  The labels are drawn in data space, not in the projection
space and when they are put on the globe, they get flipped.  Does
turning on Fast Rendering make any difference?

> From early spring (buds look very mature already), HP

We actually had snow yesterday, but it was warm all last week and
I have some bulbs poking their noses up.  Just in time for a big
freeze. :-(

Don

Ticket ID: ONI-781994
Department: Support IDV