[IDV #OMV-911607]: [CF-metadata] CF-1.0 -- 7.1 Cell Boundaries and IDV

Hi Mark-

> > Certainly -- thanks for looking into this.
> >
> > Cheers -- Mark
> > > Could you please provide a sample file?  It doesn't surprise me
> > > that the IDV doesn't handle the CF cell convention, but we will look
> > > into it.
>
> Thanks for the file.  I'm going to turn this over to the netCDF-java
> folks who know more about the CF cell convention.  The netCDF ToolsUI
> doesn't handle it any better than the IDV.

Sorry for the delay in responding to this.  The netCDF Java layer does
handle the cell boundaries correctly, but the IDV does not.  We do
not support rendering of cell data at present and it would be a lot
of work to do this.  We use VisAD for the underlying display system.
Here's a reference on displaying cell data in VisAD:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/visad-list/msg05738.html

Don Murray

Ticket ID: OMV-911607
Department: Support IDV