[IDV #BSD-546165]: Accessing non OpenDAP urls

Hi Rich,

> Isn't IDV supposed to work on CF-compliant netcdf files just sitting
> on the web somewhere in addition to being served via OpenDAP?
>
> I thought I had done this before, but I'm using IDV 2.1RC2 and
>
> although I can open:
>
> http://stellwagen.er.usgs.gov/cgi-bin/nph-dods/models/gomoos/gomoos_20040329_cf.nc
>
> I cannot open:
>
> http://stellwagen.er.usgs.gov/models/gomoos/gomoos_20040329_cf.nc
>
> Also, when I try to open my bundle that works with the OpenDAP version:
>
> http://stellwagen.er.usgs.gov/models/gomoos/gomoos_2003-03-30.xidv
>
> I get errors.
>
> I'm out here at AGU and want to demo some stuff on Wednesday AM.

It should work. It looks like an error down in the Java NetCDF. I am switching
this over to the netcdf support group.

By the way - Don and John are out at AGU. You might want to try to run them down
there.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: BSD-546165
Department: Support IDV