[IDV #TQQ-683522]: IDV - adding text station name to layout

> Inquiry: I am trying to add station names to point data layout models and
> displays.
>
> In the NetCDF file I add a varible
> char IDN (recNum) ;
>
> and data
> IDN = \"ARPC\", \"BIRV\", \"CMPC\", \"ELOV\", \"GURV\", \"JMPC\", \"LUEV\" ;
>
> I made a layout model with \"Text\" and the properties - display - parameter
> \"WMO Station ID (IDN)\" which appears is the default for Text.
>
> Nothing plots...
>
> Attached are netcdf and cdl files with data that plots seismic wave
> polarization symbol in the GEON IDV. This works ok if the netcdf file lacks
> the IDN lines, but when you add the \"char IDN\" variable, no symbols appear
> in the display.
> Also nothing appears in the data readout even though all the variable names
> are listed.
>
> Remove the IDN lines, and the seismic symbols appear ok with layout model
> \"seismic polarization,\" or just the locations can be shown.

This seems to work for me. One thing though - listing the point data
in the Obs List display I see lots of bad data, times from 1931 and bad
lat/lons, etc.  The IDV uses these times so when the point data plot first
comes up
it is showing the date to be 1931 but nothing is shown. If I step to the next
time (1-1-2000) the IDN shows up.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: TQQ-683522
Department: Support IDV