[IDV #GFM-139212]: IDV - Sigma coordinates in IDV

Hi Stuart,

> That's great - thanks very much for answering both my questions. I've
> tried the multi-display and it's ideal for what we want, although I may
> have a go at creating a skin too.
>
> I do have one question about saving the multi-display as a bundle. I've
> set up a multi-display with 6 maps of the same region, each showing a
> different field from the same dataset. I saved this as a favorite
> bundle, including the data sources, views and displays. That then loads
> up fine.
>
> However, when I edit the multi-display and resave the bundle, the next
> time I load it up I also get another 6 world map displays appearing
> (even though I remove all displays and data before loading the bundle).
>
> If you have any ideas why this is happening it'd be great, since I don't
> want to have to create the multi-display from scratch every time. I've
> tried every way of re-saving the bundle that I can think of, but the
> same thing always happens.
>
> Attached are the two bundles: 6_panel_original.xidv is the original
> bundle, and 6_panel_edit.xidv is the same thing but with minor editing
> (just changing the view slightly in each panel). The 'original' bundles
> loads OK, but the 'edit' bundle also brings up the 6 additional map
> displays. I'd be really glad to know why this happens!

This happens because I forgot to tell you that the multi-display is a bit
flaky and has not been really pounded on much. Sorry, I should have mentioned
that.
Maybe go for a skin approach first. I could put one together for you if you'd
like.
Do you want a 2 column by 3 row (or 3 column by 2 row?) skin?

We will tighten up the multi-display this fall.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: GFM-139212
Department: Support IDV