[IDV #NGB-291687]: IDV - configuration porting

HP

> Attached the requested files. No plugins installed.

The files look okay.

Do you have a default bundle that you moved over from the
XP machine?  If so, that will have the map specification
in it also so perhaps you will be getting the location from
there.  The bundle saves the background map specificaitons.

Don

> Unidata IDV Support wrote:
> > HP-
> >
> >> Institution: EUMETSAT
> >> Package Version: 2.1b1
> >> Operating System: os.name:Windows XP; os.arch:x86; os.version:5.1;
> >> Hardware Information: java.vendor:Sun Microsystems Inc.;
> >> java.version:1.5.0_06; java.home:C:\\Program Files\\IDV_2.1b1\\jre;
> >> j3d.version:1.3.2 fcs (build12); j3d.vendor:Sun Microsystems, Inc.;
> >> j3d.renderer:OpenGL;
> >> Inquiry: Hi
> >>
> >> I ported my configuration from a XP to a Linux machine. Everything appears
> >> to behave well
> >> except for a map of own I have stored in .metapps. I realised that on
> >> Linux the map would
> >> not be found due to a wrong path in maps.xml. I deleted the information
> >> there and redefined
> >> the map (actually linking it directly to the co-located McIDAS map).
> >> However, when restarting
> >> the system I was back to zero. maps.xml again showed the XP path. Where is
> >> the crucial
> >> point buried?
> >
> > I'm a little confused on this.  Could you send along your
> > maps.xml and idv.rbi files from your .metapps/DefaultIdv directory?
> >
> > Do you have any plugins installed that might have the map in them?
> >
> > Don
> >

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: NGB-291687
> > Department: Support IDV