[IDV #UHA-887452]: IDV - Request for Meteosat Imagry...

Hi Jacob-

> Institution: Educational Home
> Package Version: 2.0
> Operating System: os.name:Windows XP; os.arch:x86; os.version:5.1;
> Hardware Information: java.vendor:Sun Microsystems Inc.;
> java.version:1.5.0_06; java.home:C:\\IDV Version 2.0\\IDV_2.0\\jre;
> j3d.version:1.3.2 fcs (build12); j3d.vendor:Sun Microsystems, Inc.;
> j3d.renderer:OpenGL;
> Inquiry: Hello, I have a question, is there a way to add Meteosat
> Satellite Imagry as a Dataset similar to all of the other
> Satellite Imagry that can be viewed by the IDV?
> Can this be accessed?  Thank you very much for your time,
> God Bless all of you at Unidata.

Realtime meteosat data is restricted.  You can get some data from
the ADDE server GP16.SSD.NESDIS.NOAA.GOV from the Dataset PUB.
Enter these in the appropriate fields in the Satellite Choooser.
Look for the Image Data Types that start with MEGLOB.  Be
sure to use the properties widgets to make reasonable
size images.

Here's a pointer to publicly accessible ADDE servers and the available
datasets:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/adde_servers.html

Don Murray

Ticket ID: UHA-887452