[IDV #HYD-141478]: IDV - selecting default display type and labeling image from a formula/Jython routine

HP-

> Time stamping as using your formulation was successful. Thank you.

Glad it worked.

> I have now played a bit with labelling through the Edit/Properties of
> the Display Controls, with the following results/questions:
>
> 1. Macro %datasourcename% is the time stamp, i.e. it does the same as
> your code in a less compact format. So there is a choice, but ...

The timestamp is always added if there is one.  I think what's happening
in this case is that %datasourcename% is blank, so you just end up with
the timestamp.  Ideally, there should be a %timestamp% macro that is
available so you can turn on/off the timestamp instead of having it
hardcoded.

> 2. Label colour cannot be influenced(?). When I create a series of RGBs
> in a row without erasing the older ones, the label position shifts
> upward at each new instance and the label colour is changes colour. Is
> this intended?

It's a feature, not a bug. ;-)  We took the McIDAS approach that
by default, we put up a new color for each display to distinguish them.

> 3. I can change the label content only after having created the image,
> i.e. the macro returns to %shortname% - %displayname% when creating a
> new image. Can I freeze my preferred macro?

Not at present, but this is an excellent suggestion.  YAP (Yet Another
Preference) ;-)  We could also have a preferred color and font (when
that works).

Ticket ID: HYD-141478
Department: Support IDV