[IDV #MOR-589652]: Level III Background ...

Hi Greg-

> I have the background set to white. When I display Level III images (from
> RTNEXRAD) all base reflectivity images display with a white background (as
> requested). However, all other Level III images (velocity, composite, vil,
> etc) display with a black background. See screen shots. Am I missing
> something?

The default color table for the reflectivity image has
the values less than 5 set to be transparent.  For the
others, you can achieve the same result by using the
color table editor to set the black (lowest values) portion
to be transparent.  You can either override the default
color table so it's always that way, or save it as a new
color table and override the color table used in the
parameter defaults (or use one of the existing transparent
color tables).

Don

Ticket ID: MOR-589652
Department: Support IDV