[IDV #JTA-316083]: loading II radar data via file tab

Hi Dave-
> > Yes I read the FAQ so I actually knew to go through the radar/level II
> > tabs.  I sent the question to you because a 7th grader or high school
> > Earth Science teacher using IDV is not going to read the FAQ (heck our
> > undergrads don't read the FAQ or directions most of the time) In fact I
> > just had another group of students come in my office complaining about
> > their radar being placed in the wrong location, and this is after I told
> > their class how to view the level II data. I just wanted to get this
> > issue out to you so I can at least tell the faculty that you are aware
> > of this (which I already knew you were!)
>
> We will address this as we rework the radar reading code.  If there
> is not a location in the data, we'll pop up a dialog for the user to
> choose one.

In the latest nightly release, you can read in Level II files through the
Files chooser and it will put the data in the right place if the files
contain a station ID.  It does not yet prompt the user if there is
no station ID.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: JTA-316083
Department: Support IDV