[IDV #WVX-623050]: IDV - IDV RC

Hi Steve-

> Institution: NCAR
> Package Version: 2.0RC2
> Operating System: os.name:Mac OS X; os.arch:ppc; os.version:10.4.6;
> Hardware Information: java.vendor:Apple Computer, Inc.;
> java.version:1.5.0_06;
> java.home:/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Home;
> j3d.version:1.3.1; j3d.vendor:Apple Computer, Inc.; j3d.renderer:OpenGL;
> Inquiry: Had something really weird happen with the RC while working with a
> RAF file. The menu and display information were whited out after I adjusted
> the track range. Went from the attached png to the attached tiff and locked
> up the IDV. Actually had to do a Force Quit. Received this error after the
> IDV restart and replaying the History. I'll see if I can duplicate the
> problem and shall report via the wiki.

There are two possible reasons for this that I can think of:

- there was a software deadlock (which would lock the application)
- there is a hidden dialog with the error which is waiting for input
and has the rest of the application locked (thus the repaint).

> An error has occurred:
> Creating obs
> Unable to make a PointObsDataset from /Users/aulenbac/125rf08.co2mod.nc
> Error = Cant find a Point/Station adapter for
> /Users/aulenbac/125rf08.co2mod.nc

Have you loaded this in before as a point obs dataset or should it be
a track dataset?

Let us know if this recurs.

Don Murray
> ******************
> Stack trace:
> ucar.unidata.data.BadDataException: Unable to make a PointObsDataset from
> /Users/aulenbac/125rf08.co2mod.nc
> Error = Cant find a Point/Station adapter for
> /Users/aulenbac/125rf08.co2mod.nc
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.point.NetcdfPointDataSource.makeObs(NetcdfPointDataSource.java:169)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.point.PointDataSource.getDataInner(PointDataSource.java:376)
> at ucar.unidata.data.DataSourceImpl.getData(DataSourceImpl.java:1421)
> at ucar.unidata.data.DirectDataChoice.getData(DirectDataChoice.java:316)
> at ucar.unidata.data.DataChoice.getData(DataChoice.java:526)
> at ucar.unidata.data.DataInstance.getData(DataInstance.java:216)
> at ucar.unidata.data.DataInstance.getData(DataInstance.java:181)
> at ucar.unidata.data.DataInstance.dataOk(DataInstance.java:249)
> at ucar.unidata.data.point.PointDataInstance.init(PointDataInstance.java:88)
> at ucar.unidata.data.point.PointDataInstance.<init>(PointDataInstance.java:74)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.ObsDisplayControl.doMakeDataInstance(ObsDisplayControl.java:731)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.DisplayControlImpl.initializeDataInstance(DisplayControlImpl.java:2578)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.DisplayControlImpl.setData(DisplayControlImpl.java:2560)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.StationModelControl.setData(StationModelControl.java:820)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.StationModelControl.init(StationModelControl.java:331)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.DisplayControlImpl.init(DisplayControlImpl.java:1094)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.DisplayControlImpl.init(DisplayControlImpl.java:880)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.ControlDescriptor.initControl(ControlDescriptor.java:861)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.ControlDescriptor$1.run(ControlDescriptor.java:791)

Ticket ID: WVX-623050
Department: Support IDV