[IDV #OCI-470088]: Plotting WRF data with IDV

Hi Gary-

> Thanks much for looking into this.  Actually, some of the machines
> (nodes) we use have 2 or 4 Gb of RAM, but most have 1....  I've posted a
> wrfout file at:
>
> http://www4.ncsu.edu:8030/~gary/forecastlab/papers_present.html
>
> Just click on the link to the wrfout file near the top of the page.  It
> is a pretty big file so it might take a few minutes to download.
>
> I understand the complication with staggered grids... we have GEMPAK
> conversion routines, but not IDV...

I've got a fix for this (had to wait for some people to come back from
vacation).  If you want to try it out, you can get the latest version at

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/release/nightly/

I tried a few things with the file you sent me (subsetting) and it
seemed to work.  If you get time to test it and find problems, let
me know.  Otherwise, it will be in the next release.

See you in a couple of weeks.

Don

Ticket ID: OCI-470088
Department: Support IDV