[IDV #XOS-354812]: IDV - java3D errors and installation problems

Hi Meghan-

> I downloaded the IDV install again and reinstalled twice
> with the same results as before.  I tried using the default
> java location
> as you suggested and also tried pointing directly to the
> java we installed earilier today in the directory you
> suggested, but either install worked properly.
>
> I also I copied geonidv.jar and runGEONIDV into that IDV
> directory and changed the
> script point to the jre/bin/java in the install directory,
> but the same errors are still happening.

If you are still getting errors, then there is something else
going on on your system.

- are you running directly on the console or are you running
through a remote X-term?
- what X server are you running?
- are there any log files being generated in your install
directory (something like hser*)?

> I had originally installed IDV as the webpages suggested
> yesterday, but the errors occurred then as well with both
> IDV and GEONIDV.

Okay, thanks for that info.

> An error has occurred:
> Creating display master
> Canvas3D: null GraphicsConfiguration

There should be more to this error in the terminal window where you
are running this from after you click OK on the error dialog.
Can you send the complete listing from the terminal window where
you are running the runIDV script?  There are several reasons
why you could be getting the null GraphicsConfiguation message
so I need to see the entire listing from the terminal window.

> The support form continues to not work.  The buttons don't
> work on it.  Only the tab and type keys seem to work, but I
> cannot send from there.

Let's get the IDV running first before we attack the
form problem.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: XOS-354812
Department: Support IDV