[IDV #BSW-223166]: Dataset not found on server

Hello-

> I, ve installed the 1.3b2 release of IDV and it is not working.
> It seems that my host is not allowed to get data from the server.
> Every time a try to connect the server I get the same message:
> "Dataset not found on server: adde.ucar.edu
>
> I've also tried other servers and the answer is allways the same.
> What should I do to have permission to connect servers?

If you have a firewall, you must make sure port 112 is not blocked
for ADDE access.  Also, if you want to access gridded datasets through
the catalog chooser, you will need to allow access through port 8080.

If you are running Fedora Core 4 (or possibly 5), there is another
problem which you may encounter.  For more information on this, please
see the IDV FAQ at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/IDV/docs/userguide/Faq.html#faq1_cat6_26

Don Murray

Ticket ID: BSW-223166