[IDV #VTS-435617]: Follow-up to Friday's meeting

Hi Dan-

> Thanks again for the time together on Friday.  I have some
> follow-up questions here.
>
> - This loadmore="false" thing didn't seem to work for
> the colortables (or more likely I didn't quite understand
> what you were saying Friday).  That is, if I have in my idv.rbi:
>
> <resources name="application.resource.colortables" loadmore="false" >
> <resource location="%APPPATH%/colortables.xml"/>
> <resource location="%IDVPATH%/colortables.xml"/>
>
> it still picks up all the colortables.
>
> What does work is if I have :
>
> <resources name="application.resource.colortables" >
> <resource location="%APPPATH%/colortables.xml"/>

The loadmore=false says to not look at the other idv.rbi files
for this resource.  It doesn't say just load in the first one
in the list - it still loads in all in the list and that's why
the second one works.  I would suggest you use:

<resources name="application.resource.colortables" loadmore="false" >
<resource location="%USERPATH%/colortables.xml"/>
<resource location="%APPPATH%/colortables.xml"/>

because the first one in the list is where new tables get written
to.  It will be missing or empty unless someone creates their own
color table, but you don't want them to be writing to the APPPATH
one.

> Then it just picks up colortables.xml in my APPPATH
>

> - Also, using the Color Table editor to create colortables.xml
> mostly worked but not quite.  I did the following:
>
> Selected ColorTables->Basic->default
> Save
> Selected ColorTables->Basic->Precip
> Save
> Selected ColorTables->Basic->Relative humidity
> Save
> etc.
>
> Note that I did NOT select "Blues" or Bright38.  But
> it still included them in colortables.xml.  So I hand-edited them
> out.

Could they have been in your %USERPATH%/colortables.xml before
you started the saving?  If I try this without a
~/.metapps/DefaultIdv/colortables.xml, I only get the ones
that I saved off.

> - Also, this still leaves me with an extra layer of menus.
> When I right-click on a display color bar, I see:
>
> Edit Color Table
> Change Range
> Use Default
> Basic->default
> Precip
> .
> .
> .
>
> I'd rather just see:
> Edit Color Table
> Change Range
> Use Default
> Precip

Right now, all color tables have to have a category, so you will always
see one more level.  As a side note, Use Default should not be use
the "default" color table (but that's what happens and is a bug).
Use Default should load in the default color table for the particular
parameter.  I'll add having category-less color tables to the TODO
list. (BTW I've transfered all of your items from Friday into the official
bug/feature tracking system from my sticky note system).

Ticket ID: VTS-435617
Department: Support IDV