[IDV #MVQ-387160]: Re: add -nodefault

Hi Chuck-

>I got the jnlp working with the IDV 1.3B1. Please see:
>http://www.unavco.org/staff/chuckm/Map_JNLP_TEST.htm
>I hope to build something like this for each data file. We will have
>to convert our GEONIDV into the new 1.3B1 at least, or do you
>recommend we give 1.3B2 a try? It would be very nice not to
>launch a new IDV every time you do Webstart on a new example.

I can get you source for 1.3B2, but right now, it's not stable.
You should at least start moving to 1.3b1, but I think there
might be some issues with the -oneinstance flag not always
working correctly.  We should have a stable 1.3b2 by the
beginning of April.

>I also have a question about the -b64bundle option. When I wave a .jnlp
>from 1.3B1 it gives you the -b64bunde option and a whole long chunk
>of lines. When I remove the -b64bundle and all these lines the .jnlp
>seems to work fine. What is this option for? Do I need it?

the long chunk is the Base64 encoded bundle.  If that's not there,
then the bundle shouldn't load unless you specify the -bundle
argument.  Then it's redundant.  If you are going to specify the
-bundle option, then don't save the bundle as a JNLP file.  Just
have a template JNLP file that you edit to point to the various
bundles.

> in an earlier email I sent you the link to the webstart test.
> http://www.unavco.org/staff/chuckm/Map_JNLP_TEST.htm
> Can you try the globe view launcher? It seems to launch two IDV
> panes and I cannot figure out why. The map version does not do this.
> Thanks! Oh I also attached the globe.jnlp file I made. This is all for 1.3B1

That's a bug.  There are some issues with window management in the
latest version with old bundles that we still are working the bugs
out of.

Don

Ticket ID: MVQ-387160
Department: Support IDV