20060106: IDV - error message when trying to select Sounder Image from GINIEAST Dataset...

>From: Jacob <address@hidden>

Hi Jacob-

>       Sure, after opening the IDV, I first went to the Data menu, then New
>Data Source, then Satellite imagery.  Then I connected to the GINIEAST
>Dataset from the adde.ucar.edu server.  I then selected GINI 10 km
>SOUNDER 11.03 um Channel.  After I selected this, I got an error message
>saying:
>
>An error has occurred: Error connecting to: adde.ucar.edu
> 0
>
>       Then, after selecting OK from that window, I got another error message
>saying:
>
>An error has occurred:  java.lang.NullPointerException
>
>       The same thing happens when I try to select any of the SOUNDER
>Channels.  Everything else seems to be OK there.

Okay, this appears to be a problem in the code that reads in the
image information.  We don't have a fix yet for this, but are
working on it.  Thanks for finding this and giving the detailed
steps to reproduce it.

Don Murray