20060105: problem loading certian Model displays with Fedora Core 4...

>From: "Jacob" <address@hidden>

Hi Jacob-

>    One thing I forgot to mention in the last email, I do not know if we
>firgued this out the other day on the phone or not, but when I right click
>on the GFS Model 80km CONUS and go to Geo-Subsetting, and choose a small
>area to display a model run, the 3D flow vectors, 3D true wind vectors, etc.
>will actually load.  Even when I outline the entire eastern United States,
>the 3D model displays will load.  But when I stretch the box west to include
>the plain states, the 3D displays will never load, the memory status stays
>the same, and we have the same problem occuring.  I am noticing that once
>the area of interest on the U.S. map gets just big enough, the display will
>never finish loading.  It is almost like when the file size reaches a
>certian point, the display will not load and the download stalls.  Thanks
>again for all of your help.

Thanks for this information.  I agree with your assessment about
file size and I'm thinking that perhaps it has something to do
with that.  That would be consistent with the problem where you
can load in a 2D field, but once you try a 3D field, even the
2D fields don't work anymore.

Here is what I would like you to try next:

- Start the IDV with a trace flag and pipe the output to a file:

./runIDV -trace > foo.out

- Try to load in data and get it to a point where it hangs.

- Once it hangs, exit the IDV and then send me the foo.out file
as an attachment to an e-mail message.

Don