IDV - Trouble with IPV

Hi Dave,

Inquiry: When I try to display Potential Vorticity for this file:
ftp://ftp/pub/incoming/chop.pgbanl.fnl.2004081000
in the default contour plan view, I get the following error:

An error has occurred: ControlDescriptor.Creating display
org.python.core.PyException

This is a known problem:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/Bugs.html#faq1_cat3_14
"Any derived quantity that involves a derivative (e.g., divergence, vorticity) and is produced from a grid
    with a lat/lon domain will give incorrect results or not work."

I am cc'ing Don on this and he may be able to shed further light on this when he gets back next week.

Don - Dave's file is in /upc/share/metapps/test/bugs

-Jeff