20051122: IDV - Error when starting IDV

>From: "Paul Kucera" <address@hidden>

Hi Paul-

Sorry for the delay in responding. I've been trying to get
some system admin help with this and with the Thanksgiving
break and vacation schedules, I'm just now getting back
to it.

>>On my system, the one in /usr/lib is a link to /usr/X11R6/lib.
>> How did you install this?
>
>I installed the driver by going to the Mesa website, downloading the
>source, compiling and then installing

Do you have the disks for your system?  Can you confirm
that it is Red Hat Enterprise Linux?  If you have the
system disks, can you try to install the Mesa-GL package
from there?

>>Could you let me know the specifics of your system:
>
>OS version (vendor and version):
>RHEL Linux 2.4.21-20.0.1.EL #1 SMP Wed Nov 24 20:25:48 EST
>2004
>
>X server name (e.g. XFree86) and version:
>I am running under a KDE desktop, but I am not sure if this is what you
>need.  If not, how do I check?

Since you are doing a redhat-config-xfree86, then you are probably
running XFree86.  That should come with Mesa as a package, so
if you can install optional packages from disk, that would be
the way to go.

>Graphics card make and model:
>When I probe the graphics card (using redhat-config-xfree86), it tells
>me that I have a VESA driver (generic) video card type and its using the
>vesa driver.

Let me know where you are on this and what further help
I can provide.

Don Murray