20051117: IDV - exception thrown at startup

>From: "Steve Aulenbach" <address@hidden>

Hi Steve-

>Institution: NCAR
>Package Version: 1.3a3
>Operating System: os.name:Mac OS X; os.arch:ppc; os.version:10.3.9;
>Hardware Information: java.vendor:Apple Computer, Inc.; java.version:1.4.2_09;
>  java.home:/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.4.2/Home; j
> 3d.version:1.3.1; j3d.vendor:Apple Computer, Inc.; j3d.renderer:OpenGL;
>Inquiry: Not sure if this one has made it into the list yet:
>
>Java Web Start 1.4.2_09 Console, started Thu Nov 17 12:31:24 MST 2005
>Java 2 Runtime Environment: Version 1.4.2_09 by Apple Computer, Inc.
>apple.awt.EventQueueExceptionHandler Caught Throwable : java.lang.NullPointerE
> xception
>java.lang.NullPointerException
>       at apple.laf.AquaDirectoryModel$DoChangeContents.run(AquaDirectoryModel
> .java:427)
>       at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:189)
>       at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:478)
>       at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchT
> hread.java:234)
>       at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThr
> ead.java:184)
>       at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:178
> )
>       at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:170
> )
>       at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:100)

Is there more to this output?  Does the IDV start up okay otherwise?
Does this pop up in a window, or just in the console?  If the latter,
then there's not much we can do about it.

It looks like an error in Apple's Java, not in the IDV.  If you
can send the full output, I'll see if there is more we can do.

Don Murray