20051117: IDV - Possibility of 3D display for netCDF CMAQ CTM data ???

>From: "Nutthida Kitwiroon" <address@hidden>

Hi-

>Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I'm so sorry for late reply as
>I've been busy with other things. The file is written directly from the
>model in netCDF format. I have been trying to follow some CF convention
>examples by changing the header such as time. Then I convert the file
>into Vis5D format via FERRET. The module keeps complaining about the
>time Flag although I've changed the time format.

If you follow the CF convention for time, you could read it directly
into the IDV without the convert to Vis5D.  The IDV will read the
Vis5D file as well.  The CF convention for time is usually seconds
since some base date (e.g. seconds since 1970-01-01 00:00:00).

>I'm wondering if you know the specific time format for Vis5D. Could you
>please advice if I have to concern of anything while trying this?

Vis5D stores times days and hours in the form days since Jan 1, 1900
and hours as HHMMSS.  I'm not sure what FERRET needs in a netCDF
file to do the conversion.

>Thank you so much for you help once again.

Don Murray