20051110: IDV - Possibility of 3D display for netCDF CMAQ CTM data ???

>From: "Nutthida Kitwiroon" <address@hidden>

Hello-

>Institution: University of Hertfordshire
>Package Version: 1.2
>Operating System: Linux Redhat 7.3
>Hardware Information: PentiumIV, 2.4 GHz CUP, 1GB RAM, 60 GB Hard drive
>Inquiry: Dear Sir/Madam,
>
>May I please ask for your help. I have an example predicted air quality file f
> rom CMAQ(Models-3) in netCDF format. However, I can't display it using IDV. I
>  believe becuase of it doesn't meet netCDF conventions.

Yes, this is the case.  In particular, this format is difficult
to work with because of the way time is stored.

>I'm wondering if there is any possibily for me to use IDV to display the predi
> cted air quality 3 dimensionally.
>Could you please help.

What is the source of this file?  Is it written directly from
the model or is it retrieved from an archival system like MARS?

The only suggestion would be to get it into a netCDF convention
that the IDV recognizes like CF.

>Thank you very much in advance for your help. I'll look forward to hear fromyo
> u.

Don Murray