20051107: IDV: Bugs under Mac OS X?

Hi again Dave,

  (1) In the View menu, when we select "Full Screen", we get a full
screen all right, but in most cases we don't get the menu bar across the
top of the display window. In the one exception I've seen (a student's
privately owned Mac G4 laptop, also running OS X v10.3.9, I think) the
upper left corner of that menu bar has a button that returns the view to
non-Full Screen view, but on our machines we don't see that. I have a Mac
Cube running OS X 10.4.3 (Tiger) in my office that shows most of a menu
bar in Full Screen mode, but nothing happens when I click on the spot
where I think button should be.
  We discovered by trial and error that when we're in Full Screen mode,
pressing <Option>V pulls down the View menu, but clicking on the "Full
Screen" item in that menu doesn't toggle Full Screen mode back off. (This
is what I think should be called a bug--all the other toggle items in the
View menu have a check mark beside them when they're on, and they truly do
toggle something on and off.) The same is true in the couple of instances
(the student's Mac G4 laptop and my Mac Cube) where we can actually see
the View menu in Full Screen mode--that is, we can pull down the View menu
and click on "Full Screen", but nothing happens

This is (sortof) fixed now. The "Full Screen" menu acts as a toggle. There is also a "x" button on the bottom of
the window as well.

Since we are having a growing Mac user base we will be looking at these UI issues more thoroughly in the future.
Thanks for catching them.

  (4) When we plot an isosurface of a 3D field (say, temperature or wind
[level value off by one problem]

This is fixed now. The problem was rounding the values to display in the gui.

-Jeff